The J.E.B. Stuart High School Hall of Fame committee is in the process of accepting nominations for their inaugural Class of 2017. Nominations will be accepted through April 30, 2017. The nomination process and criteria can be found below, as well as under the Hall of Fame tab.
The application for nomination can be found under the "Files & Links" tab on the main page of Raidersports.org. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
J.E.B. Stuart High School
C/O Activities Office
3301 Peace Valley Lane
Falls Church, VA 22044
The J.E.B. Stuart High School Hall of Fame exists to recognize and honor former students, faculty, and contributors for their achievement and/or contribution to J.E.B. Stuart High School.
- Any individual with a demonstrated interest in J.E.B. Stuart High School may submit a nomination. An individual may NOT nominate himself or herself for induction.
- Nominations may be made by committee members or public nominations.
- All nominations will be present to the selection committee.
- Once an individual is nominated, their nomination will be eligible for FIVE years. After five years those not selected will be placed on an inactive list and be eligible for re-nomination.
- To be inducted, nominees must earn at least a 60% vote (7 of 11).
Student: This encompasses a student who has excelled academically while at J.E.B. Stuart, and/or a student-athlete who has excelled in athletics while at J.E.B. Stuart
- Student must have attended J.E.B. Stuart High School for a minimum of two years and graduated from J.E.B. Stuart High School.
- The student must have conducted himself/herself in such a way as to reflect honor on the school and must have exhibited those qualities of character and standards of conduct that reflect positive views as a student of J.E.B. Stuart High School.
- Student is eligible for nomination after FIVE years following graduation from J.E.B. Stuart High School.
Strong consideration is given to the following:
- Students who earned awards during or upon graduation from high school (classroom or athletics)
- Students who earned awards during or upon graduation from college (classroom or athletics)
- Students who went on to earn awards in their respective careers
Faculty: This category includes any school personnel, i.e. coaches, teachers, office administration, etc.
- Eligible for nomination after ONE year of retirement/departure from J.E.B. Stuart
- Must have worked at J.E.B. Stuart for FIVE or more consecutive years
Strong Consideration is given:
- Faculty members who demonstrated positive characteristics of a role model and assisted in the success of the students at J.E.B. Stuart High School
- Faculty members who earned awards while working at J.E.B. Stuart High School
- Faculty members who work diligently to see that student needs were met and challenged students to strive for success beyond their high school years.
- Any community organization, business, or individual that has helped and/or developed programs at J.E.B. Stuart High School.
- Candidates need not be graduates of J.E.B. Stuart High School.